It’s been crickets over here on the blog as I’ve been crazy busy working on the garage to studio makeover. Thanks so much for your patience as we prepare for #babygirlhearts!
As we slowly transform the garage into my studio, we’re starting to plan our nursery. This is super fun as I love any home decor project but this one is extra special to me as we just can’t contain our excitement for our little one to arrive.
Since we rent our home, I’ve opted to skip painting the room and leave up the black and white horse wallpaper I designed for my office. I think it will be the perfect accent wall for the crib and it instantly creates a fun theme in the room without being all matchy matchy.
Just a quick look around our blog (and our home) and you know I’m a color lover. And while I love bold pops of color and pattern, I kinda want this room to be a little more neutral and toned down. I mean, as toned down as black and white horse wallpaper will be, hah! So I’m thinking simple white and cream future with subtle hints of color in the art and accessories in the room.
Oh and let’s talk about gliders vs. rocking chairs for a minute, shall we? First, why the heck are they all so expensive? I mean, all the pretty ones are $1000+ and I personally just can’t see spending that kind of money for a nursery when you need so many other essential items. And second, I prefer the look of rockers but so many mommy friends have said gliders are way comfier than rockers anyway. So after searching all over the internet (and local listings for gently used ones) I’m leaning towards the gliders + ottoman shown above.
Have you planned a nursery? What is one item that was a must have for you?
Nursery Inspiration Sources
- Black and white horse wallpaper designed by me
- Babyletto Toco linen glider and ottoman
- Babyletto Scoot crib in white
- Crate & Barrel wood suspension shelves
- Lorena Canals ombre rug – love that it’s machine washable
- H & M pink polka dot storage basket – it’s on sale now for $7.99!
- Custom commissioned wall hanging by Allie Padgett Art – planning on hanging this above the dresser
- Painting by Sarah Golden – going to hang one of my painted horseshoes below this
- White wooden rocking horse
- White mid-century dresser