DIY Doily Wedding Backdrop Banner
Today’s wedding post is something that has been in my head of quite some time. I’m so excited to finally share it with you! A lot of weddings now feature a photo booth or an area where guests can take fun photos of themselves. Most backdrops I’ve seen are simply fabric draped in the background. My recent obsession with doilies sparked an idea… to make a “floating” doily backdrop that could be used for a photo booth. I also think this would be absolutely lovely hanging from a wooden chuppah or just used as a ceremony backdrop. It’s very easy to make and very cheap too. So without further adieu, here’s a step-by-step tutorial!
First, you will need a few supplies:
• Fishing line cut into 7, 9′ long pieces, $2.00 (found a Walmart and most sporting good stores)
• Wooden dowel 4′ x .5″, $1.45 (found at Home Depot or Lowes)
• Doilies, $1.75 per pack of 48 (4 packages purchased from D & G Occasions in Orlando)
• Frosted Scotch tape, $.99
• Measuring tape
2. Tie one piece of fishing line to the end of the dowel. Tie a second knot to to secure the line to the dowel.
3. String one doily through the fishing line and move it towards the dowel as shown.
4. Place a small piece of tape in the center of the doily, on top of the fishing line, to secure the line to the doily.
5. Repeat steps 3-4 until the end of the line is reached. Then repeat steps 2-4 keeping each line equal distant from another (I used 7 pieces of fishing line for a 4′ dowel).
And you’re done! So go ahead and give it a try! Please contact me if you make this. I would love to feature it on my blog!
DIY Fabric Wedding Banner Backdrop – Sarah Hearts
[…] had such a great response about the last diy backdrop I made a couple of weeks ago that I decided to make another one! This one is even easier and faster to […]
Fresh Friday » Fresh Wed
[…] of ribbon. I do love streamers of fabric. I don’t usually love doilies, but I love the doily backdrop. I don’t love coffee, unless it tastes like caramel, vanilla, milk, and sugar (and at the […]
absolutely using this as the backdrop at my wedding, AWESOME! its not until next summer, but i’ll keep you posted :)
Beautiful Backdrops « Save the Date Products & Wedding Planning Resources for Every Bride
[…] Doilies?? YES!!! This would make a romantical wedding backdrop, dontcha think?? via Sarah Hearts […]
Hi: I love this idea! what size are the doilies that you used?
@ Angela: Thanks! I used paper doilies in a few sizes (around 4″ – 6″ diameters). You can find them at most grocery stores, cake supply and party stores.
Alla (ri)scoperta dei centrini - Wedding Wonderland Blog
[…] utilizzare per il photo booth o come sfondo per la cerimonia. Come fare? Trovate il tutorial a questo link. Ruffled, Libby James, Emmaline Bride, Love And Lavender, Sarah Hearts Matrimonio a […]