Alt Summit 2013 Recap
As I’m sure you know by now, I’m back from Alt Summit super tired and inspired. There are so many awesome recaps of Alt Summit that rather than go into great detail about all the event I just wanted to share a few highlights. Side note: If you’ve been considering going over the past couple years, absolutely do it! As a newbie this year I definitely feel it was worth the value. And no, I wasn’t paid to say that! It seriously felt like I was at summer camp. Everyone I met was so approachable, honest, and open. It didn’t feel competitive at all but rather it felt like I was part of a community.
Here are a couple things I thought were note worthy, in no particular order.
• Make great content.
• Always be preparing.
• Don’t just show someone how to make something. Show them it’s possible to do something.
• Document everything you do.
• Don’t be afraid to open up and share your story.
• Create + curate.
• Attention to detail is huge.
• You can never wear too many polka dot or sparkly things.
• Your job can become a calling again.
• Having guts always works out (at least it does for Stefan Sagmeister).
• Stay interested.
• Business cards are still lovely.
• Design is still about problem solving (quote from the talented Susan Brinson).
• Strangers can become great friends.
It was great to meet you Sarah! And I’m glad I can follow along now with your blog. Good luck with your endeavors, you are doing great!
It was great to meet you too, Amy! Good luck to you too!