Strawberries Parfaits with Mint Whipped Cream
Last week I cooked dinner for our Summit connect group. We had such a crazy past couple of weeks that we hadn’t seen our group in nearly 3 weeks! As a kinda, “welcome back” I cooked us a simple meal of comfort foods. Kevin grilled burgers, I made a salad with a herb vinaigrette and fresh croutons, homemade mac and cheese, and these little cups of sweetness.
The recipes is based on this recipe from Everyday Food. It’s so simple, and a perfect compliment to the sweet Florida strawberries. If you live in the sunshine state too, you must pick up some strawberries as they are in season right now. They are perfectly ripe and sugary sweet.
• 1/4 cup sugar
• 2 tablespoons water
• 2 cups packed fresh mint leaves and stems
• 1 cup whipping cream
• 1 pint of fresh strawberries, sliced
1. In a small saucepan over medium heat, combine the sugar and water until dissolved. Add the mint leaves and let it all simmer for about 15 minutes. Then remove the saucepan from the heat and allow it to cool. Strain the mint mixture into a bowl. Discard the mint leaves.
2. Use a whisk attachment on an electric mixer and beat the whipped cream until stiff peaks form. Then use a spatula to fold in the mint syrup.
3. In individual serving dishes, layer the sliced strawberries, then some of the mint whipped cream. Repeat with another layer of strawberries and whipped cream. Garnish with a mint leaf and enjoy immediately!
Whipped Cream Making Tip:
For quick, and perfectly whipped whipped cream, use a metal mixing bowl. Place the metal bowl in the freezer for about 15-30 minutes before you want to make the whipped cream. This helps the cream thicken and hold together.
Yo, i’m down.