DIY Trick or Treat Candy Bag
Update 10/27/11 :: I made a video tutorial for this DIY. Check it out!
Want an easy way to dress up your Halloween candy? Here’s a Halloween craft that anyone can do! With just a few supplies you can make cute, festive treat bags.
1. You will need:
• Clear candy bags (I bought mine at Joann’s for $4.99/100)
• Construction or scrap booking paper cut to 4″ x 3″ rectangles (1/bag, so cut as many as you need)
• Bonefolder (not required, but awesome for making the folds)
• X-Acto knife (used for cutting out the squares, you can use scissors if you feel more comfortable)
• Washi tape, stamps, stickers… anything you want to use to decorate the bags!
2. On the short side of one paper rectangle, mark the center (1.5″).
3. Using the bone folder and the mark you just made to score the paper, parallel to the long side.
4. It should look like this.
5. Now use the bone folder to fold the paper in half (hot dog fold… it you remember that from kindergarten days).
6. Fill the bags with candy and place the folder paper around the top of the bag like the photo above. Staple the paper and bag together using two staples.
7. Use whatever you like to decorate the bag (I used washi tape) and repeat the steps for each bag. Happy Halloween!