Sorry for the delay in posting today… it has been a whirlwind of a week! Today’s recipe is for buttery sugar cookies. They are sweet, can be rolled or cut out, and use most ingredients you probably have on hand. So here’s the recipe:
• 2 3/4 cups all-purpose flour
• 1 teaspoon baking soda
• 1/2 teaspoon baking powder
• 1 cup butter, softened
• 1 1/2 cups white sugar
• 1 egg
• 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
• Parchment paper
• About 1/2 cup raw sugar for coating cookies
1. Preheat your oven to 375?. In a medium bowl, combine all dry ingredients and set aside.
2. In a large bowl mix the butter and sugar at a high speed until creamy ((I use my Kitchenaid for this, if you don’t have one, a hand mixer works great too). Add the egg and vanilla. Then add the dry ingredients in small batches. Combine until the dough forms. (If you want to make cut out cookies, you must refrigerate the dough for about 30 minute before you can roll it).
3. Use your hands to form 1″ balls of dough. Then roll the dough balls in the raw sugar. Place on a parchment lined cookie sheet and bake for 8 minutes. Take them out of the oven and cool them on a cooling rack. Then enjoy with a glass of cold milk!