DIY Fabric Rose Tutorial
Today’s DIY tutorial is inspired by my friends. Recently, a few of them asked if I know how to make fabric roses. I’ve seen them everywhere but hadn’t tried making these before. These little rosettes are popping up in weddings, hair accessories, bags and jewelry. I decided to give it a try and they are much easier to make than they may seem. You only need a few types of craft supplies and the possibilities are endless. They can be embellished with pearl beads or feathers and would make the cutest bridal hairpiece.
1. For a 2″ rose, start with a 3″ x 22″ strip of fabric. I’m using unbleached cotton muslin.
2. Fold the fabric in half lengthwise. Then tie a loose knot at one end.
3. Tuck the short end into the knot.
4. Take the longer end and fold it downward. Then began wrapping it around the knot.
5. Keep folding the fabric downward as you wrap it around the knot. Repeat this until you get to the end. Trim the end of the fabric if it is fraying.
6. Once you are done, flip it over and using hot glue, adhere a round piece of fabric to the back. This will help it stay together.
7. Use the hot glue in between some layers to help it stay flat.
Then you’re done! You can add other details, such as pearls, beads, feathers, and lace and use them how you wish.
For some DIY inspiration and supplies (including high heat glue guns) check out Factory Direct Craft.
Omg love this. Thanks!!