Is it just me, or can you believe that it’s almost 2016?! Between all our travel and big move this year has really flown by. If you’re hosting or attending a New Year’s party here’s just the accessory you need. Or if you’re just hanging out at home with some close friends, that’s no excuse to not wear sequins, right? So skip the party store and DIY some sparkly New Year’s Eve headbands for you and your friends. Because sparkly things are really the best part of New Years celebrations, right?
DIY New Year’s Eve Headband
- Download the 2016 template. Print it out on cardstock and cut out with scissors, or if you have a Silhouette Cameo you can easily cut it out with that.
- Cover the entire front side of each number or background shape in glittering glue.
- Sprinkle each number or background piece with glitter. Shake of the excess and allow it to dry.
- Meanwhile, cut 2 gold streamers, each 8″ long. Fold them in half length wise and carefully trim the long sides with the fringe scissors. Fold the second gold streamer in half length and use regular scissors to cut off about .25″ of the width. Continue to fringe the long sides using the fringe scissors. Carefully open up each fringed piece.
- Use a glue gun to glue the narrower fringe streamer on top of the wider one. Apply hot glue along the top of a headband and place the gold fringe paper on top. It’s easiest to do this in 2 steps because the hot glue dries rather quickly.
- If you’re creating a Happy New Year headband, glue the white outlined piece on top of the glittered background piece.
- Fold the small tabs on the bottom of each number or happy new year piece towards the back. Apple a small dot of hot glue on the bottom side of each tab and quickly place it on the headband. Hold it in place for a few seconds, or until the glue begins to harden. Repeat this with the other tabs and then you’re headband is ready to be worn!
See what I’ve created throughout the year for #12monthsofmartha!